THIS. IS. MY. FAVORITE.
I have a lot of old friends I appreciate so much. I always thought moving constantly I’d never be like everyone else and have friends for life. But honestly I do. I go to school with some of them, talk to some of them regularly. But like BEST friends for life, I have too. I may not know every detail of whats going on in their lives, but I know they are always there for me, and me–– them. No matter what. Its kind of like our invisible pact to each other. They can call me at whatever hour and I’ll be right there.
I just want you to know you’re appreciated, my family. We will be friends always no matter what.
- Having emotions is seen as weakness
- Admitting weakness is seen as an even greater weakness
- Being called a sexual deviant or a pervert because you were expressing your sexuality
- A girl beating you in any physical competition makes you inferior
- Being superficial makes you a pig but a woman being superficial is fine
- Makeup isn't even an option
- Not living up to the insanely unrealistic ideal of manhood automatically makes you gay
- Being gay is seen as weak
- You can't control the size of your "manhood"
- You can't report sexual assaults because being a male victim is worse than being the rapist
- No male specific support groups or movements
- Unequal parental rights
- Extreme feminists treating you less than human
- Women can blame all men or say they are all the same but if a man blames women they're sexist pigs
- People dismissing your problems automatically because the universe is obviously rigged in your favour in every scenario imaginable
- No one will read this past the title
Bell Hooks (via mishproductions)
Imma be one of those people with like 10 jobs this summer, just so I can get my life together!
And have no money. I need to learn what it is to save, and not spend what I don’t have to.